To help your website or blog in performance, keeping your database(s) optimized is always a great step. No matter you are using InMotion Hosting, GoDaddy Hosting, Hostgator hosting or any other hosting cPanel account or hosting Account, this can be easily done using phpMyAdmin. Make it sure before optimizing your database all your data backup.
You can “Optimize Table” to reclaim unused space and defregment the data file for optimal performance. If a lot of changes have been made to a table, optimizing the table can sometimes significantly improve performance.
Steps to Optimize Database tables from cPanel..
- Log in to your website cPanel.
Log in to cPanel
- Click on phpMyAdmin under Databases section.
Click on phpMyAdmin under Databases section
- Now look at left, you will see your `Database` name on which you’re working on there, just click on it.
click on Database` name on which you’re working
- Now go down and click on `Check All` it will select all your database tables.
click on check all to select all tables
- Click on drop down Menu next to `Check All/Uncheck All` and select `Optimize table`.
click on Optimize Table
This is it, you have done, database of your website has been optimized, if you have any sub-domains or any Add on domains in your account then just do same things (step 3 to 5) to optimize their databases.
Database optimization is recommended to do on a regular basis as a preventive measure, it doesn’t take much effort but it do affect a site’s or blog’s performance a lot.